About: Charlo (25-0, 19 KOs) VS Heiland (29-4-2, 16 KOs)

Charlo (25-0, 19 KOs) and Heiland (29-4-2, 16 KOs) will meet in a 12-round eliminator to become the mandatory challenger for the WBC 160-pound championship. Charlo will make his middleweight debut after successfully defending his 154-pound belt three times, including a highlight reel knockout of then unbeaten Julian Williams last December on SHOWTIME.

“I’ve been training since end of January to prepare myself for the move up to middleweight,” said Charlo. “I’m feeling stronger, I’m feeling smarter and overall, I’m feeling better. Heiland is a tough fighter and I know he plans on bringing his A-game on July 29. He’s just as hungry as me. We both want to be in a place to fight the best in the division, but I never overlook the opponent in front of me. It’s been a great camp so far and I’m ready for this fight. It’s time to make my mark so I can become a two-division world champion. I plan to take care of business at 160 just like I did at 154.”

 

“I’m thrilled to be facing a great fighter like Jermall Charlo,” said Heiland. “I’ve waited a long time for a chance like this, so I will give it my all. I am fearless and I promise that this bout will be an all-out war because my career and livelihood are on the line.”

 

Tickets to the event, which is promoted by Mayweather Promotions and DiBella Entertainment, are priced at $950, $750, $350, $300, $250, $150, $75, and $50 (not including applicable fees), are on sale now, and can be purchased at ticketmaster.com, barclayscenter.com or by calling 800-745-3000. Tickets can also be purchased at the American Express Box Office at Barclays Center. Group discounts are available by calling 844-BKLYN-GP. The Charlo vs. Heiland bout is promoted in association with TGB Promotions.

 

“The Charlo vs. Heiland and Washington vs. Miller matchups are fantastic additions to night of action that is already eagerly anticipated by boxing fans,” said Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions. “Jermall Charlo is a star on the rise, but he’ll have a stiff challenge against Jorge Sebastian Heiland as he seeks a path to becoming a two-division world champion. The heavyweight matchup is a very intriguing showdown with Gerald Washington hoping to prove that he deserves another opportunity at the belt and Jarrell Miller fighting in his hometown and looking to earn his first world title shot. You’re not going to want to miss this night of fights at Barclays Center in Brooklyn and on SHOWTIME.”

 

“This is a great opportunity for SHOWTIME viewers to witness Jermall Charlo’s ascent in the middleweight division in an ordered title elimination bout,” said Lou DiBella, President of DiBella Entertainment. “Huge fights could be ahead for him.  Washington and Miller is a significant heavyweight match up. SHOWTIME viewers will see highlights of someone establishing themselves as an immediate player.  Fans at Barclays Center are in-store for a terrific tripleheader.”

 

“Jermall Charlo was a powerful force as a 154-pound world champion and everyone is curious to see if he can bring the same ferocity to the middleweight division,’’ said Tom Brown, President of TGB Promotions. “Heiland has been waiting for his chance at a middleweight world title and now he’s one step closer, but Charlo is standing in his way. This will be two fearless boxers, with something to prove and everything to gain, going at each other. The fact that it’s on the card with one of the best matchups in boxing this year – Broner versus Garcia – makes for a terrific night of boxing at Barclays Center in Brooklyn and on SHOWTIME on July 29.’’

 

The twin brother of unbeaten 154-pound champion Jermell, the Charlos became the first twins to hold world titles in the same weight class simultaneously when Jermell won his title in May 2016 while Jermall defended his belt the same night with a victory over Austin Trout. The 27-year-old will move up in weight as he seeks to become a two-division world champion after delivering a Knockout of the Year candidate against Williams in December. Fighting out of Houston and training with Ronnie Shields, Charlo won his title in 2015 by stopping Cornelius Bundrage before making his three defenses.

 

Fighting out of Buenos Aires, Argentina, Heiland enters this bout on an eight-fight winning streak including seven by knockout. The 30-year-old turned pro in 2007 with 16 straight victories before challenging for an interim title in 2010. Heiland’s current winning streak included a knockout victory in Ireland over Irish star Matthew Macklin in 2014. Heiland will be fighting in the U.S. for the second time as a professional after making his U.S. debut last September with a stoppage of Angel Hernandez.

Jarrell Miller vs. Gerald Washington By The Round (Showtime)

Heavyweight: Jarrell Miller vs. Gerald Washington
Jarrell “Big Baby” Miller (18-0-1, 16 KOs)
Title challenger Gerald Washington (18-1-1, 12 KOs)
10 Rounds
July 29th 2017

By Amanda Armstrong (Triple A)

Round 1
Miller looking dominating in the first. Filling the ring with his size. Washington’s jabs look ineffective, Miller owning the center of the ring entire round.

Round 2
Miller again staying in the center work Washington into the corner to unleash combos. Washington taking more combos to the body and head. Great combos by Miller, really working the body.

Round 3
Washington cannot make a dent on Miller. Miller sneaking in effective uppercuts. Washingtons tights are ineffective. Miller very mobile in the ring, Washington is ooking worn down at the end of 3.

Round 4
Miller comes out dropping rights with heavy hands. Miller works Washington into the corner, more body work with an upper cut followed with double jab. Miller seems to have the stamina over Washington.

Round 5
Miller continues the same previous formula. Washington backing up into the ropes. Washington trying to get something going.

Round 6
Washington comes out throwing, lands some big punches. Miller shakes his head “No”. Washington saved by the bell while Miller unloads big right hands and combos on the ropes.
( Doctor check in the corner; Washington)
Round 7
Miller continuing the punishment on Washington in the corners. Attempting to finish Washington with big rights.

Round 8
Washington makes it this far. Looking worn Washington ties up Miller. Washington looking weak on the ropes. More rights from Miller at the end.

Referee Stops the fight.

Juan Santiago VS Robert Rodriguez (Airtight Boxing): Gallery

Juan Santiago VS Robert Rodriguez (Airtight Boxing) “Unleashed”

Saturday, July 8th, 2017

Crowne Plaza Hotel DIA

Photo Credits: Amanda Armstrong / Trihex Photography LLC

For purchase and permissions:

Hello@TrihexPhotography.com / Purchase Prints, Albums, Art & Gifts Here!

 

UPDATE! Moises Flores vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux

By Amanda Armstrong

Photos: Amanda Armstrong

Moises Flores (25-1, 17 KOs) vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux (18-0, 12 KOs)

RESULT: Guillermo Rigondeaux by TKO at 2:59 of the First Round*

UPDATED: 

Guillermo Rigondeaux’s win will be changed to a no-decision by NSAC

On Sunday morning, Bennett said he watched the replay with sound numerous times on a video HBO provided to him.

“I listened to it several times. I had a conversation with Vic on the phone and we went over the fight and it was quite clear to both of us that that the punch was thrown after the bell,” Bennett said.

*Bennett could not change the ruling, it had to be voted on by the four commissioners.

“Vic drafted a statement that has been provided to chairman Marnell and the other commissioners and they will also be provided with a copy of the fight, and next Monday morning we will have a commission meeting, where the result will be changed in accordance with Nevada code,” Bennett said.

“The evidence to me is quite clear,” Bennett said.

*The two camps did not dispute the Nevada State commission.

“It was unintentional, but we’ve seen the punch and it landed after the bell,” said Michael Yormark of Rigondeaux promoter Roc Nation Sports. “Both fighters were in a clinch and then were throwing punches at the same time. Rigo’s landed first and flattened him. We understand the commission’s position and respect the Nevada State Athletic Commission, and we’ll accept their decision. We respect Bob Bennett, and we don’t necessarily disagree with what the commission decision will be, and we’ll move on.”

Said Flores promoter Tom Brown of TGB Promotions: “Clearly, the punch landed after the bell, and I have complete faith in the Nevada Athletic Commission to overturn the decision. We’ll send an official protest to the athletic commission and wait for them to make their decision, and I’m sure it will be declared a no-decision. They still have to go through their hoops and then see what the WBA does.”

 This was a mandatory match, the WBA will probably ask for a rematch. 

Post Fight Quotes Below 

Rigondeaux: “The Mexican was a brave kid. I commend him for getting in the ring with me. He has more guts than a lot of these other guys. We both threw combinations at the same time at the end of the first round. But mine was quicker and more accurate. It was only a matter of time. I fight to give the best performance to the public and all the fans. I am making everyone disappear at 122. I am always available. Tell me who is next. I want all of them, and will take them out one by one. I hope the whole world sees what it is like to get in the ring with me. I am tired of the press and everyone saying I am boring. You see what happens when someone brings the fight to me.”

 

Flores: “It’s not fair. It’s clear that the bell rang. He didn’t throw a punch the whole round. I was winning the round and he waited for after the bell to throw punch when I dropped my hands down.”

 

CO Main Event at Kovalev Ward “The Rematch”

By Amanda Armstrong

Photo: Amanda Armstrong/ Trihex Photography LLC

Co Main event on the card features Guillermo Rigondeaux ( 17 – 0, 11 KO’s) VS Moises Flores (25-0, 17 KO’s)

Both fighters undefeated, and each had a fight in summer of 2016.

Rigondeaux was an elite amateur fight with almost 475 fights on his resume (loosing only 12). He has earned Gold Medals at the Pan Am Games, two World Amateur Championships, two world cups, and two Olympic Gold medals (2000 and 2004). November 2015 he was signed to Roc Nation Sports.

Flores, a noticeable tall 122 pounder standing 5 feet 9 inches tall,  from Guadalajara, Mexico. He made his pro debut in 2008, and has sepnt the majority of his career fighing in Mexico. He then did a U.S. debut in September 2014, winning a 6 round UD over Pablo Batres in Mesquite Texas. In April 2015 he won the WBA World Super Bantamweight (interim) title against Champion Oscar Escandon.  He has defended the WBA belt twice, and along the way picked up the IBO World Super Bantamweight title.

Tonight, on the Ward Kovalev card he hopes to claim full right to the title against  Rigondeaux in a 12 round championship co main event!

 

 

Kovalev VS Ward; Weigh In

By Amanda Armstrong

Photos: Amanda Armstrong/Trihex Photograph LLC

Today Sergey “Krusher” Kovalev, and Andre S.O.G. Ward stepped on the scale at The Mandalay Bay Event Center, Las Vegas.  Both fighters came in at 175.  We have a fight! Both fighters confident, both fighters war ready. Kovalev even cracking a few jokes, even taking a stab at Ward.

Kovalev walked off the press conference stage yesterday, when asked today he simply stated, “I did not want to waste my energy on him..”

Sergey was all smiles at weigh in’s, and Andre came across trying to poke the Russian bear.

Pictures below.

 

 

 

Ward vs. Kovalev 2: “The Rematch, a 12-round mega-fight for the WBO/IBF/WBA Light Heavyweight World Championships, is presented by Roc Nation Sports, Main Events, Andre Ward Promotions, Krusher Promotions and Corona Extra, sponsored by Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Jetlux, Life10 Electrolyte, Zappos, D’USSÉ Cognac, ProSupps and Powered by Monster. The championship event takes place Saturday, June 17 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View® beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT. Tickets for Ward-Kovalev 2: “The Rematch” are available on axs.com and at the Mandalay Bay Events Center Box Office.

 

 

DANIEL “TWITCH” FRANCO SUFFERS SERIOUS INJURY IN LOSS TO JOSE HARO!

DANIEL “TWITCH” FRANCO SUFFERS SERIOUS INJURY IN LOSS TO JOSE HARO!

 

Sloan, IA (June 11, 2017) –  Featherweight contender DANIEL “TWITCH” FRANCO suffered severe head injuries in his knockout loss toJOSE HARO on Saturday night, June 10 at the WinnaVegas Casino in Sloan, Iowa in a bout telecast on CBS Sports Network.

 

Following the eighth round stoppage, the popular 25-year-old Franco of Rancho Cucamonga, California was transported to a nearby hospital for emergency surgery to stop two brain bleeds.

 

Said manager Ray Chaparro from the hospital, “At this point the doctors have told us the next 48 hours will be critical in regards to him making a complete recovery. We ask for prayers from the boxing community at this time.”

 

“Roc Nation’s thoughts and prayers are with Daniel Franco and his family during this critical recovery period. He is a tenacious talent and champion, and will always have our support,” said Michael R. Yormark, Roc Nation President & Chief of Branding and Strategy.

Team Sergey Kovalev International Media Conference Call

Highlights from team Sergey Kovalev International Media Conference Call

By Amanda Armstrong

Photos: Amanda Armstrong/Trihex Photography LLC

On the call: Sergey Kovalev, John David Jackson, Egis Klimas, Kathy Duval.

Today I sat in on international media Q&A with Team Krusher. Of course the theme of the call; 11 days, June 17th… Kovalev Ward Rematch.  This was a very focused team and it stayed that way.

The first question fired,  their thoughts and opinions about the scoring from Sergey’s last meeting with Andre in the ring.

Sergey added, “it isn’t really his job (judging)”,  Sergey does see that he was not aggressive as much in the second half. But yet Andre still not doing enough to win, and only getting points for surviving.

John David Jackson saw the best at 8 out of 12 rounds.

Sergey stays passionate about his boxing fans. In his (getting better) English that in the first half he proved to his fans that he can out box Andre. But the camp is ready to move on to June 17th.

On HBO’s Road To Kovalev/Ward 24/7 Kovalev’s camp discussed how over training drained him in the second half. The camp discussed this to a lesser extent (on the call) this time compared to 24/7 . See that episode here.

Again assigned to the fight is three American judges, although  Kovalevs camp did petition for more of a  international flavor. Kovalevs camp has since moved on and hopes for the best from three new judges.  Sergey says, “I believe in the judges to to their job… this is my next test.”

Sergey Kovalev still proclaims he is the true World Champion… and he (Ward), will be punished.  Sergey goes on to repeat, he was empty in the second half… and it wasn’t his day.  This time he repeats, “He must be punished…” and added, “.. and I want my belt back.”

Talking about the future beyond June 17th, if it ties up 1-1, there will NOT be a Kovalev Ward 3. Kathy Duval proclaims, ” We have no obligation to a rematch.”

“I proved to my fans that I won”-Sergey Kovalev 

 

 

KONSTANTIN PONOMAREV, Under Card action

Crawford VS Diaz – Under card prospects

May 20th, 2017, NYC

Photos/By: Amanda Armstrong

Under cards are always my favorite, and there are definitely a few that I have had the treat to watch from Las Vegas to NYC. is one of those. I was there for his win on the Pacquiao Bradley 3 under card in Las Vegas. What caught my eye on paper… the Russian with the goose egg to protect. He is definitely living up to his Russian counter parts. He has to, I am a fan!  Going in to tonight’s bout he stands at 31-0-13 ko’s going up against EDWARD PAREDES L (37-6-1, 24 KOs).

What I am excited to see from Ponomarev is his movement and speed. He works the ring and confuses his opponent. The rains down punches and surprising angles. Keep an eye out for an up and coming Russian 😉

 

Crawford Diaz Weigh Ins / Top Rank

Friday, May 19th, 2017

Madison Square Garden

Photo Credit: Amanda Armstrong

Undefeated World Junior Welterweight Champion and top pound for pound fighter TERENCE “Bud” CRAWFORD (30-0, 21 KOs), of Omaha, Neb., will make his 2017 debut, This Saturday! May 20, at the Mecca of Boxing, Madison Square Garden. This will also be his debut headlining in the big room — a testament both to his talent and his growing popularity. Crawford will be defending his unified World Boxing Organization (WBO) / World Boxing Council (WBC) / Ring magazine titles against former Olympic gold medalist and top-rated contender FÉLIX DÍAZ (19-1, 9 KOs), of Brooklyn by way of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, in a marquee all-action fight. It will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing®, beginning at 10:15 p.m. ET/PT.

Terence Crawford 139.2 vs. Felix Diaz 139.4
Ray Beltran 134.6 vs. Jonathan Maicelo 134.8

Crawford: It’s going to be a fun night. I’m really excited for this fight. I’ve been reading all of the blogs people have been sending me for the last couple of days, telling me that this guy said I’m scared of him and I’m ducking him. And everybody knows Terence Crawford doesn’t duck anybody. I’m real excited and happy that he got the chance to get the fight. I’m not running boy, I’m not running! So we’re here now and that’s everything I have to say. May 20th, let the better man win!

Diaz: On the 20th it’s going to be an incredible opportunity for me. When I was arguing with my managers about finding the biggest fights out there, Crawford was number one since he is the best out there and it’s such an amazing opportunity to finally get that fight with him.